he central reference laboratory of the Iran University of Science and Technology officially started its activities in October 2014 with the installation of the Simultaneous Thermal Analysis (STA). The goal of the establishment of this laboratory is to collect the latest and most advanced devices used in various engineering disciplines and activities in a scietific-based environment, in accordance with all required international standards.
This lab thta can be can considered as a reference for analyzing and identifying raw materials and products is a prerequisites for universities and also industerial country. Fortunately, at the University of Science and Technology of Iran, after many years of efforts of this laboratory, it began to work. The value of such laboratories depends not only on the quality of the equipment in it, but also on the expertise of the experts working with it. In this regard, the presence of experts and professors at the Iran University of Science and Technology can be a great support for this lab.
To date, the following devices have been installed in the laboratory:
- Simultaneous thermal analysis (STA)
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Portable spectrometer with the ability to identify three elements K, U and Th
- Uniaxial fatigue tester with the ability to perform fatigue, pressure and tensile tests
- X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (XRF)
Flexural strength bending machine for ceram
- Flexural strength bending machine for ceramics with capacity of 100 and 1000 kilograms of force
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Membrane electrical conductivity measuring device
- Gas porosimeter
- Galvanostat Potentials measurement ( Electrochemical tests)
- Contact angle and surface tension measurement
Special Area Measurement (BET)